The newly crowned Miss Alabama 2023, Brianna Burrell, is the beloved daughter of Carolyn and Cedric Burrell Sr. As Brianna takes on her duties as Miss Alabama, many are curious to learn more about her family background and upbringing.
- Brianna Burrell was recently named Miss Alabama 2023 in the competition held at Samford University.
- She is the daughter of Carolyn and Cedric Burrell Sr.
- Brianna grew up in Mobile, Alabama with her parents and siblings.
- Through her role as Miss Alabama, she hopes to advocate for underprivileged students.
Quick Bio Table of Brianna Burrell
|Full Name||Brianna Burrell|
|Title||Miss Alabama 2023|
|Birthdate||January 28, 1998|
|Age||25 years old|
|Education||Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Philosophy from the University of South Alabama|
Pursuing a Master’s degree in Education Administration
|Parents||Mother: Carolyn W. Burrell (Around 61 years old)|
Father: Cedric Burrell Sr. (Around 57 years old)
|Siblings||Sister: Erica Ambrose|
Brother: Cedric Burrell Jr.
|Career||Former Institutional Review Board Student Assistant (2017-2019)|
Child Nutrition Intern at NGO Feeding the Gulf Coast
Mayor Equity Task Force Team Member
|Community Service Initiative||SAVE-A-STEM, aiming to inspire students of color and girls in underfunded schools to pursue interests in STEM fields|
|Miss Alabama Win||July 1, 2023, as Miss Baldwin County|
|Net Worth||Not reported|
|Relationship Status||No information about a boyfriend or intimate connection|
Who is Brianna Burrell?
Brianna Burrell is the newly crowned Miss Alabama 2023. She won the title on July 1, 2022 during the competition held at Samford University’s Wright Center in Birmingham, Alabama.
Brianna is 25 years old and originally from Mobile, Alabama. She previously competed at the Miss Alabama pageant in 2022 where she was named first runner-up.
She is the daughter of Carolyn and Cedric Burrell Sr. Brianna has two siblings – a sister named Erica and a brother named Cedric Jr.
Brianna is a graduate of the University of South Alabama where she earned a degree in political science. In college, she held leadership roles and internships. She is currently working towards a Master’s degree in education administration.
Prior to winning Miss Alabama, Brianna held the title of Miss Saraland High School. She has been involved in pageants and community service from a young age.
As Miss Alabama, Brianna plans to advocate for underprivileged students, especially youth of color and girls interested in STEM. Her platform is called SAVE-A-STEM.
Brianna is the third African American woman to be crowned Miss Alabama. She won a $15,000 scholarship and will compete at the national Miss America pageant in 2023.
All About Brianna Burrell’s Mother, Carolyn
Carolyn’s Age and Background
- Brianna’s mother is named Carolyn W. Burrell. She is around 61 years old, having been born in September 1961.
- Originally from Mobile, Alabama, Carolyn now resides in Saraland with her family.
Career and Education
- Carolyn has worked as an independent sales representative for Avon since 2014.
- She previously held roles in medical claims and administration.
- Education-wise, Carolyn attended the Midwest College of Theology.
Carolyn’s Interests and Family Life
- On Facebook, Carolyn describes herself as “a woman of God, a dedicated wife, mother, and friend.”
- She and Cedric Burrell Sr have been happily married since December 1995.
- Together they have raised three children – Brianna, Erica, and Cedric Jr.
- Carolyn enjoys spending time with family and being involved in church activities.
All About Brianna’s Father, Cedric Burrell Sr
Cedric’s Age and Background
- Brianna’s father is Cedric Burrell Sr, who turned 57 in October 2022.
- Like Carolyn and Brianna, he grew up in Mobile, Alabama.
Cedric’s Maritime Career
- Cedric has over 25 years of experience working in maritime roles in the Gulf of Mexico.
- He first joined Military Sealift Command in 1989, serving on ships around the world.
- After leaving the military in 1991, Cedric began working for Gulf of Mexico oil field companies.
- He has held roles in rig moving, barge towing, diving, construction, drilling, and more.
- Burrell was named the winner on July 1 at Samford University’s Wright Center in Birmingham. She competed as Miss Baldwin County.
- As of 2022, Cedric works as a ship captain for Millers Launch in the maritime industry.
- He previously held a captain position with Smith Maritime Ocean Towing and Salvage.
- Cedric studied at Alabama Aviation Technical College.
- He also attended high school locally in Mobile.
Brianna’s Siblings – Erica and Cedric Jr
Aside from Brianna, Carolyn and Cedric Sr have two other beloved children:
- Daughter Erica Ambrose
- Son Cedric Burrell Jr, now 22 years old
- Like her sister Brianna, Erica has taken part in beauty pageants.
- She previously held the title of Miss Saraland High School.
Cedric Jr’s Interests
- Cedric Jr graduated from Saraland High School.
- He studied music at the University of Mobile.
- His passion is composing and performing music.
More About Brianna Burrell’s Upbringing
Childhood in Mobile
- Brianna was born in Mobile, Alabama in 1998. She is the eldest of the three Burrell siblings.
- She remained in Mobile throughout her childhood and high school years.
Education and Activities
- Brianna attended Saraland High School where she was active in pageants, music, and community service.
- She graduated from the University of South Alabama with a degree in political science.
- Brianna was involved in many campus leadership roles and internships.
Early Pageant Success
- Prior to becoming Miss Alabama, Brianna held titles including Miss Saraland High School.
- She was named first runner-up in the Miss Alabama competition in 2022.
- Her poise, intellect, and dedication have paved the way for her success.
- As Miss Alabama, Brianna plans to advocate for underprivileged students through her SAVE-A-STEM initiative.
- She hopes to inspire youth of color and girls to pursue STEM education.
- Brianna wants to connect with people across Alabama through service.
Brianna’s Miss Alabama 2023 Win
- On July 1, 2022, Brianna was crowned Miss Alabama at the Wright Center in Birmingham.
- She wowed judges through talent, interview, evening gown, and swimsuit categories.
- Brianna’s talent was a moving gospel vocal performance.
- Brianna is the third African American woman to hold the Miss Alabama title.
- Previous Black titleholders were Kalyn Chapman James and Tiara Pennington.
- Brianna was awarded $15,000 in scholarship funds as Miss Alabama.
- She will spend the next year making appearances and serving as a role model.
- In 2023, Brianna will go on to compete in the Miss America pageant.
Continued Family Support
- As she takes on her duties, Brianna will have the unwavering love and support of parents Carolyn and Cedric.
- They are incredibly proud of her achievements and the woman she has become.
Brianna Burrell has already made history as the new Miss Alabama. Her parents, Carolyn and Cedric Burrell Sr, have nurtured her into the intelligent, driven woman she is today. Throughout her year of service, Brianna will continue impacting Alabama with grace and purpose..
Shahid Maqsood, with an MBA and a Master’s in Mass Communications, has 10 years of writing experience. Specializing in news and celebrity coverage, he brings a unique perspective from his love for hunting and camping, difference between. He’s passionate about the outdoors, especially hunting and camping. Shahid contributes to websites like dosttrusty.com, distinctionbetweencom and bruitly.com offering insightful articles on news and celebrities. His straightforward, engaging style makes him a trusted source for readers.