Saylor Hawkins is an American diver for the University of North Texas swim and dive team. The talented athlete comes from an athletic family with parents Wayne Hawkins and Kari Hawkins. But behind this talented individual are two pillars of strength and support – her parents, Wayne Hawkins and Kari Hawkins. Let’s dive deep into the lives of these incredible individuals who played a pivotal role in shaping Saylor’s journey.
Key Facts About Saylor Hawkins
- Saylor Hawkins was born in 2001 and is currently 22 years old.
- She stands at 5 feet 7 inches tall.
- Hawkins weighs around 135 lbs with a toned, athletic physique.
- She is majoring in kinesiology and minoring in entrepreneurship at the University of North Texas.
- Hawkins will graduate in Spring 2023.
- She serves on the Student-Athletic Advisory Committee (SAAC) for Conference USA.
Quick Wiki Table
|Full Name||Saylor Hawkins|
|Birthday||2001 (Age 22)|
|Birthplace||Plymouth, Minnesota, United States|
|Parents||Wayne & Kari Hawkins|
|Siblings||Younger sister Dayas Hawkins|
|Height||5 feet 7 inches|
|College||University of North Texas|
|Class||Senior (Graduating Spring 2023)|
|High School||Breck School (Golden Valley, MN)|
|High School Accolades||3-time Diving All-American, State Champion, Multiple State Records|
|NCAA Career Highlights||– 3rd Team All-Conference USA (2022)<br>- Won multiple NCAA meets across 1m, 3m, platform|
|Scholarships & Awards||Full athletic scholarship, Athena Award winner|
|Net Worth Estimate||$50,000 – $100,000|
Saylor’s Impressive Athletic Achievements
Saylor Hawkins has made her mark as a decorated diver during both high school and college. Some of her notable achievements include:
- Two-time Minnesota state champion in gymnastics and diving during high school
- Captain of the diving, gymnastics, and track and field teams in high school
- Set and still holds multiple pool records across Minnesota
- 19-time letter winner in swimming, diving, gymnastics, track and field, and basketball
- Won the prestigious Athena Award which honors outstanding Minnesota female student-athletes
- Third-Team All-Conference USA recognition in 3-meter diving (2021-2022)
- Won the 1 meter diving event at the Conference USA Championships B-Final (2021)
- Qualified for the NCAA Zones multiple times in 1-meter and 3 meter diving
Saylor Hawkins Parents
Saylor Hawkins was born in Plymouth, Minnesota to parents Wayne Hawkins and Kari Hawkins. She grew up with a younger sister named Dayas Hawkins.
Saylor’s Father: Wayne Hawkins
Saylor’s father, Wayne Hawkins, was a standout football player and track athlete at Southwest Minnesota State University from 1989 to 1992.
Some of Wayne’s impressive athletic achievements include:
- All-American in both football and track
- Set multiple school records for career receiving yards and receptions
- NAIA Outdoor All-American in the 100m and 200m
- NIC conference champion in the 100m and 200m
- Drafted by the New England Patriots in 1992
- Inducted into the NSIC Hall of Fame in 2013
Saylor’s Mother: Kari Hawkins
Saylor’s mother, Kari Hawkins, was a multi-sport athlete who attended the University of St. Thomas. After graduating in 1993 with a marketing degree, Kari built a successful 25-year career at Solutran.
As a leader at Solutran, a payment solutions company, Kari:
- Played a key role in driving impressive revenue growth
- Leveraged her expertise to guide product development and marketing
- Delivered presentations nationwide to promote products
- Was inventing on Solutran’s check conversion patent
Saylor’s Path to Collegiate Diving Success
High School Career
Saylor Hawkins attended Breck School in Golden Valley, Minnesota for her entire prep career. During high school, she made a name for herself as a multi-sport athlete competing in diving, gymnastics, track, and basketball.
Her accolades as a high school diver included:
- 3-time high school diving All-American
- Set and still holds pool records across Minnesota
- Team captain for diving, gymnastics, and track and field
College Recruiting and NCAA Career
With her pedigree as a Minnesota high school diving star, Saylor Hawkins was a top recruit coming out of Breck HS. She chose to attend the University of North Texas.
As a Mean Green diver, Hawkins has achieved titles like:
- Third-Team All-Conference USA in 3-meter diving
- Won multiple diving events across 1-meter, 3-meter and platform
- Set a UNT program record in platform diving
- Consistently qualifies for the NCAA Zones in 1-meter and 3-meter
Saylor Hawkins’ Family Life and Interests
When she isn’t practicing or competing, Saylor Hawkins enjoys spending time with family and exploring her interests.
Close Relationship with Parents and Sister
Saylor has a very close relationship with her parents Wayne and Kari as well as younger sister Dayas. Family pictures on their social media pages show lots of happy memories together.
Her parents have supported Saylor every step of the way in her diving career and often attend her collegiate meets.
Passions Beyond Diving
In addition to excelling athletically, Saylor is working towards a degree in kinesiology with a minor in entrepreneurship. This shows her interest in sports science, business, and potential career paths after diving.
She also serves on UNT’s Student-Athletic Advisory Committee to help improve the student-athlete experience on campus.
Saylor is clearly driven, well-rounded, and passionate about making a difference on her team and campus.
Saylor Hawkins Net Worth
Unfortunately, there is limited publicly available information on Saylor Hawkins’ net worth. As a current college student and athlete, she likely does not have a high individual net worth yet. Here are some estimates:
- As a NCAA Division 1 athlete on scholarship at the University of North Texas, Saylor likely receives compensation covering tuition, room and board, books, and other expenses. The estimated value of a full athletic scholarship ranges from $20,000-$70,000 per year.
- She may receive additional stipends or benefits through her scholarship, such as team apparel, travel per diem, academic awards, etc. The exact amount likely varies by school and conference.
- Saylor is probably not earning significant income from professional diving competitions or endorsements yet, given she is still completing her collegiate eligibility.
- After graduation, she may have earning potential through diving competitions, brand sponsorships, coaching income, or a professional career. But as a current student, these revenue streams are still uncertain.
- With limited information available, a reasonable estimate for Saylor Hawkins’ current net worth would likely fall in the range of $50,000 to $100,000. This is factoring in the estimated value of her scholarship and any additional academic or athletic awards.
- Her family may also provide financial support. But her individual net worth is still rising and will grow as she embarks on her post-graduation career.
- As Saylor continues competing and builds her professional profile, her net worth has potential to increase substantially over time with diving earnings, endorsements, business ventures, and investments.
The Future is Bright for Saylor Hawkins
With one final season left as a UNT diver, Saylor Hawkins is poised to finish her collegiate career on a high note. Her past success and family athletic pedigree points to a bright future whether she pursues diving professionally or channels her energy into a business or coaching career.
No matter what’s next for Saylor after graduating, one thing is clear – this determined, hard-working diver has a lot more achievements ahead!
Shahid Maqsood, with an MBA and a Master’s in Mass Communications, has 10 years of writing experience. Specializing in news and celebrity coverage, he brings a unique perspective from his love for hunting and camping, difference between. He’s passionate about the outdoors, especially hunting and camping. Shahid contributes to websites like dosttrusty.com, distinctionbetweencom and bruitly.com offering insightful articles on news and celebrities. His straightforward, engaging style makes him a trusted source for readers.